Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chapter 1

My boys... the big brown one is my husband Jamison. We've been married for coming up on six fun-filled years. The smaller, less brown one is our Little Jamison, better known as L.J., who just happens to be the cutest, funniest, most awesome kid EVER. I know I'm partial, but I'm fairly certain you would agree once you met him. I am an extremely blessed woman to have such a wonderful family.



I'm not sure if I'm going to be any good at the blog thing, but I am recently unemployed and find myself with a little extra time on my hands and some new ambitions for myself. I am working on making the photography hobby more of a career and thinking about trying my hand at writing. Thus, this blog. I am hopeful that this will help me open my mind to the possibilities of what's in there.



Most recently, I have been working on what I hope is going to be a fun children's story book. It's about a b-boy who's looking for the perfect crew. I had some inspiration from my own tiny breaker who cracks me up everytime he "break dances" and freezes. Ha! Just thinking about him makes me smile. Once I'm feeling more confident I'll post it for critiques and comments. For me, stepping out into the unknown in not one but TWO areas where I'm uncertain of the outcome is completely out of character. I'm scared but also excited at the possibilities. It's a new sensation for me. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm hopeful... and that's what gets me here the most. I'm not hopeful by nature. In fact, I like to say I'm a realist, but I guess you could call it a pessimist. I like feeling hopeful.

I guess this is as good a place as any to finish up this chapter. I don't want to get too carried away. I'll be using this blog to keep loved ones updated on my family and their stories, as a venue to showcase my photography and writing, as well as share the work/ventures of other artists/businesses that I have enjoyed. I hope (there's that word again!) that even one person is touched, moved or amused by my stories.

1 comment: